New River Valley, VA – Seven locations around the NRV recently won Best of the Blue Ridge 2024 Awards from the Blue Ridge Outdoors magazine. Another four locations were highlighted as runners up in a variety of categories.
The Best of the Blue Ridge Outdoors Awards winners were voted on by readers from around the Southeast and Mid-Atlantic region of the US. Readers voted on their favorite trails, “amazing adventures, exciting races, and local businesses”.
- Cascade Falls: Best Waterfall
- Buffalo Mountain Ziplines: Best Zip Line
- Mountainside Holistic Clinic: Best Wellness Center
- Red Rooster: Best Coffee Shop
- Floyd Farmers Market: Best Farmers Market
- Chateau Morrissette: Best Winery
- Blue Ridge Parkway: Best Public Lands
- Floyd: Best Place for Outdoor Singles to Live
- Buffalo Mountain Adventures: Best Climbing Guide Company
- 5 Mile Mountain Distillery: Best Winery
- Floyd Country Store: Best Restaurant
See all the Best of the Blue Ridge 2023 award winners here.
Explore the best of the outdoors in Virginia’s New River Valley here.
Virginia’s New River Valley: Virginia’s New River Valley is an eclectic mix of interconnected small towns that each offer their own unique vibe and appeal. The region provides an abundance of cultural and social offerings due to the presence of three world-class universities, while retaining the charm and benefits of small town living. The NRV is home to a diverse and innovative business community with companies that range from high-tech startups to foreign-based corporations to specialty agribusiness. These organizations benefit from the collaborative spirit of our region and a loyal, highly-skilled, and educated workforce. The scenic beauty of the region also fosters a deep connection to nature, which is deepened by access to outdoor recreation and the preservation of our natural environment. It’s clear why Virginia’s New River Valley is “A Natural Fit.”
Onward NRV: Onward NRV is a public/private, regional economic development organization whose mission is to attract and retain world class jobs, investment, and talent in Virginia’s New River Valley. It’s also a movement where leaders from business, government, and higher education work together to promote the economic vitality of the region.