New River Valley, VA – The New River Valley is proudly celebrating a year of triumphs and accolades that showcases how the region is filled with thriving communities and innovation. Below are just a few of the accomplishments and awards won this past year by the NRV’s counties, city, towns, schools, businesses, and universities.
- 2 NRV Locations Featured in Southern Living for Best Fall Foliage in Virginia
- NRV Wins Multiple Southwest Virginia Tourism Awards
- 3 NRV Locations Rank Among Places with Lowest Cost of Living in VA
- Floyd Among Travel + Leisure’s Best Small Towns in Viriginia
- 6 NRV Locations win Best of Blue Ridge 2023 Awards
Higher Education Rankings:
- Radford University and Virginia Tech Among Best Student Cost of Living in VA
- Radford University Ranks #2 on Forbes VA’s Best Online Colleges 2023
- New River Community College Ranks #4 for Best College Tuition in Virginia
- Virginia Tech Ranks #4 for Best College Campuses in the US
- NRV Leaders Listed in the 4th Annual Virginia 500 by Virginia Business
- Four NRV Businesses Named Best Employers in Virginia by Forbes
- NRV Organizations Recognized as Top Virginia Employers for Interns
- Inmotion Recognized as One of Top Virginia Employers for Internship
- Harmonia Founder Wins Virginia Business Women in Leadership Award
The Virginia Commonwealth Placements:
Explore more NRV accolades and awards here.
Virginia’s New River Valley: Virginia’s New River Valley is an eclectic mix of interconnected small towns that each offer their own unique vibe and appeal. The region provides an abundance of cultural and social offerings due to the presence of three world-class universities, while retaining the charm and benefits of small town living. The NRV is home to a diverse and innovative business community with companies that range from high-tech startups to foreign-based corporations to specialty agribusiness. These organizations benefit from the collaborative spirit of our region and a loyal, highly-skilled, and educated workforce. The scenic beauty of the region also fosters a deep connection to nature, which is deepened by access to outdoor recreation and the preservation of our natural environment. It’s clear why Virginia’s New River Valley is “A Natural Fit.”
Onward NRV: Onward NRV is a public/private, regional economic development organization whose mission is to attract and retain world class jobs, investment, and talent in Virginia’s New River Valley. It’s also a movement where leaders from business, government, and higher education work together to promote the economic vitality of the region.