New River Valley, VA – Virginia’s New River Valley was frequently recognized during 2021 as a premier place to live, work, and do business. Below is a list of just a few of the accolades won this year by the NRV’s counties, city, towns, schools, and universities.
- Riner is Virginia’s best small town to live in according to HomeSnacks.com.
- Blacksburg, Radford, and Christiansburg were all listed among the top 20 safest cities in Virginia by the National Council for Home Safety and Security.
- HomeSnacks.com ranked Radford the ninth best place to raise a family in Virginia.
- Blacksburg was ranked the best place in Virginia for working families by Zippia.
- Carilion New River Valley Medical Center was awarded the Pathway to Excellence designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center, making it only one of eight hospitals across Virginia to receive this prestigious nursing designation.
- FloydFest won best overall music festival and music festival missed most in 2020 in Blue Ridge Outdoors magazine’s Best of the Blue Ridge 2021 awards.
- Mountain Lake Lodge won The Knot’s Best of Weddings 2021 award for wedding venues.
- 43 destinations and business across Virginia’s New River Valley won Best of Virginia 2021 awards from Virginia Living magazine.
- Calfee Park, home of the Pulaski River Turtles, won its third consecutive Best of the Ballparks award from Ballpark Digest.
- Pete Dye River Course was ranked the #10 best golf course you can play in Virginia by the Virginia Golf Ratings Panel.
- Lane Stadium was voted the best football stadium in the ACC by College Football on FOX fans.
- Two NRV tech companies, Modea and Harmonia Holdings Group, made the Inc. 5000 list of America’s fastest growing companies.
- Red Sun Farms was ranked the #7 fresh produce greenhouse grower in the United States by Greenhouse Grower.
- Blacksburg-based tech company Qualtrax was listed as one of the best places to work in Virginia by Virginia Business magazine.
- U.S. News & World Report ranked Blacksburg High School as one of the top 100 best STEM high schools in the country.
- Virginia Tech and Radford University were both listed among the top 10 best value colleges in Virginia according to SmartAsset.com.
Explore more NRV accolades and awards here.
Virginia’s New River Valley: Virginia’s New River Valley is an eclectic mix of interconnected small towns that each offer their own unique vibe and appeal. The region provides an abundance of cultural and social offerings due to the presence of three world-class universities, while retaining the charm and benefits of small-town living. The NRV is home to a diverse and innovative business community with companies that range from high-tech startups to foreign-based corporations to specialty agribusiness. These organizations benefit from the collaborative spirit of our region and a loyal, highly skilled, and educated workforce. The scenic beauty of the region also fosters a deep connection to nature, which is deepened by access to outdoor recreation and the preservation of our natural environment. It’s clear why Virginia’s New River Valley is “A Natural Fit.”
Onward NRV: Onward NRV is a public/private, regional economic development organization whose mission is to attract and retain world class jobs, investment, and talent in Virginia’s New River Valley. It’s also a movement where leaders from business, government, and higher education work together to promote the economic vitality of the region.