New River Valley, VA – The NRV is a great place to live, work, and do business, and because of that fact, the region was celebrated throughout 2022. Below is a list of just a few of the accolades and awards won this year by the NRV’s counties, city, towns, schools, businesses, and universities.
- The NRV ranked #3 for tech jobs growth among metropolitan areas across the United States.
- The NRV was ranked the #8 metro in 2022 for recovery jobs growth by Business Facilities magazine.
Higher Education Accolades
- Virginia Tech and Radford University were both recognized in U.S. News & World Report’s rankings.
- New River Community College was designated as a National Center for Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense by the National Security Agency.
- Virginia Tech was ranked as one of the top places to work for commuters by Bestplacestowork.org for the second year in a row.
- The United States Association for Small Business and Entrepreneurship awarded Virginia Tech with its Model Program Award.
- Oransi, a manufacturer based in Radford, earned a coveted spot on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing companies in America.
- The Volvo VNR Electric Truck won Green Truck of the Year from Green Car Journal.
- MELD Manufacturing received the Advanced Concepts award at the Additive Manufacturing Users Group Conference.
- Three NRV businesses were named among the Best Places to Work in Virginia by Virginia Business magazine.
Explore more NRV accolades and awards here.
Virginia’s New River Valley: Virginia’s New River Valley is an eclectic mix of interconnected small towns that each offer their own unique vibe and appeal. The region provides an abundance of cultural and social offerings due to the presence of three world-class universities, while retaining the charm and benefits of small-town living. The NRV is home to a diverse and innovative business community with companies that range from high-tech startups to foreign-based corporations to specialty agribusiness. These organizations benefit from the collaborative spirit of our region and a loyal, highly skilled, and educated workforce. The scenic beauty of the region also fosters a deep connection to nature, which is deepened by access to outdoor recreation and the preservation of our natural environment. It’s clear why Virginia’s New River Valley is “A Natural Fit.”
Onward NRV: Onward NRV is a public/private, regional economic development organization whose mission is to attract and retain world class jobs, investment, and talent in Virginia’s New River Valley. It’s also a movement where leaders from business, government, and higher education work together to promote the economic vitality of the region.