BLACKSBURG, VA – The Blacksburg Farmers Market was ranked number 9 in Virginia by HomeSnacks.net. The ranking was created by looking at data from the U.S. Department of Agriculture. Criteria included number of amenities, technology improvements, variety of items, population, and organic vendors.
Top Farmers Markets in Virginia (HomeSnacks):
1. The Virginia Beach Farmers Market, Virginia Beach, VA
2. Lynchburg Community Market, Lynchburg, VA
3. The South Of The James Farmers Market, Richmond, VA
4. Harrisonburg Farmers Market, Harrisonburg, VA
5. Sunday Brunch Market, Glen Allen, VA
6. Charlottesville City Market, Charlottesville, VA
7. Danville Farmers’ Market, Danville, VA
8. Grandin Village Farmers Market, Roanoke, VA
9. Blacksburg Farmers Market, Blacksburg, VA
10. Williamsburg Farmers Market, Williamsburg, VA
There are many active farmers markets in the New River Valley, serving each unique community in the region.
The Blacksburg Farmers Market takes place all year long in the middle of Downtown Blacksburg. For more info visit www.blacksburgfarmersmarket.com.
Virginia’s New River Valley: Virginia’s New River Valley is an eclectic mix of interconnected small towns that each offer their own unique vibe and appeal. The region provides an abundance of cultural and social offerings due to the presence of three world-class universities, while retaining the charm and benefits of small town living. The NRV is home to a diverse and innovative business community with companies that range from high-tech startups to foreign-based corporations to specialty agribusiness. These organizations benefit from the collaborative spirit of our region and a loyal, highly-skilled, and educated workforce. The scenic beauty of the region also fosters a deep connection to nature, which is deepened by access to outdoor recreation and the preservation of our natural environment. It’s clear why Virginia’s New River Valley is “A Natural Fit.”
Onward NRV: Onward NRV is a public/private, regional economic development organization whose mission is to attract and retain world class jobs, investment, and talent in Virginia’s New River Valley. It’s also a movement where leaders from business, government, and higher education work together to promote the economic vitality of the region.